Right from the initial setup of the Netgear router to managing the router, everything is done by accessing the Nighthawk admin login page. With that said, you got to know that it is quite important to know the process of accessing the admin dashboard. Keeping the same fact in mind, we have jotted down this article to help to get acquainted with the Netgear router login process. You will also learn about the key factors or tips that you need to consider to avoid any issues while logging in.
How to Log In To Netgear Router?
In this article, we have covered not one but two ways to access the Netgear router login page. But before that, you will learn about the basic requirements that are necessary to execute the login process.
Netgear Router Login: Prerequisites
- Netgear router
- A stable power supply
- Reliable internet connection
- Ethernet cable(optional)
- A computer or laptop ( for method1)
- Smartphone (for method 2)
- Netgear admin login credentials
In both methods, there are two common steps that you need to perform first.
The very first step in both methods is to power up the Netgear router. Thus, connect the power adapter of the Netgear router to an active wall outlet and turn the power button on. Once the router is powered up, go to the next step.
In the second step, establish a connection between the Netgear router and the modem. You can connect them using a wireless mode. Or you can also put to use an Ethernet cable to connect them.
Tip: The power supply to the router should be fluctuation free and adequate. Make sure you are connecting the devices securely.
Method 1: Web Browser
Let us now tell you about the process of Netgear Nighthawk login via the web browser method.
- Turn your PC on. It can be a computer or a laptop as per availability.
- Fire up an internet browser on it.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type the login web address or the default IP address of the router.
- Hitting the Enter key will take you to the login page of your Netgear router.
- On this very page, there will be two fields- username and password.
- Fill them in either by using the default credentials or the customized ones.
- Clicking on the Log In button will take you to the Netgear router admin dashboard.
Tips: Ensure using updated PC. Also, use an internet browser that is updated to its recent version. Make no typing errors while typing the URL/IP address as well as login credentials. Avoid using the search bar of the browser to enter the login URL.
Method 2: Nighthawk App
Let us now tell you about the Nighthawk router login process using a smartphone.
- Take hold of your smartphone and unlock it.
- Head toward the Application Store and look for the app named Netgear Nighthawk app here.
- Download and install the app.
- Once it gets installed, launch it by tapping on the icon.
- You will get navigated to the login page directly.
- Use the default login details or the changed credentials and do the login.
Tips: The smartphone that you are using should have an updated OS installed. Also, use the updated version of the Nighthawk app to log in. There ought to be zero typing mistakes while entering the username and password. Be extra careful as they are case-sensitive.
The Closing Note
This is how you can access the Netgear Nighthawk login page using the web browser on a PC and the Nighthawk app on a smartphone. By keeping the tips that we have mentioned in the article, you will not get stuck while executing the login process. After you have logged in to the router, you can make the changes to the settings as per your requirements.